Fluffernutter

5:34 PM Edit This
Back in the day, before we started eating "healthy" we would buy Little Debbie Nutty Bars all the time. They were a payday treat we would buy if we had a couple bucks left over when we were at our poorest.

After stopping soy for even a month, we couldn't stand the mouth feel of the waxy "chocolate like" substance not to mention the body aches afterwards. They might as well call them flavored plastic. There was a time when they tasted great though.....



Today I had my first fluffernutter. It's a sandwich made with Marshmallow Fluff and nut butter. It was life changing. It tasted just like my memory of a Nutty Bar, just like they should taste. Happiness just flooded over me.

It has been hard to find/make treats that don't contain dairy, soy or gluten and taste like their off limits counter parts. I have found new treats to love and made some wonderful new recipes too but it was amazing to taste this fabulous treat that, to me anyway, tasted so much like my memory of earlier years. Here's how I made them: toasted gluten free Food For Life Pecan Raisin Bread, Natural Crunch Sunbutter (sunflower seed spread) and a thin layer of Marshmallow Fluff, no bread on top. Yummy!

Now for the sad part. My tub of Marshmallow fluff is almost gone. I puzzled over what to do next. Beg family back east to mail me some fluff? Ask a friend who's taking a trip out of state to pick some up for me? Search Amazon?? Yes, I figured I should search Amazon first. Although Amazon gets at very least monthly purchases from me, sometime weekly even, they did not offer the best deal, in fact, they only broker a 4 pack that is half original and half strawberry in smaller jars. I don't have any interest in the strawberry flavored kind so I decided to go straight to the source - www.marshmallowfluff.com. How great is that? The package looks so vintage but they are up with technology. You can order this stuff straight from Durkee-Mower, Inc. It's a product still made right in the USA. That makes me feel a little better about consuming near straight corn syrup and sugar.